Major works of Lawrence R. Klein
- "Pitfalls in the Statistical Determination of the Investment Schedule", 1943, Econometrica
- "Macroeconomics and the Theory of Rational Behavior", 1946, Econometrica.
- "Remarks on the Theory of Aggregation", 1946, Econometrica.
Post-Mortem on the Transition Predictions of National Product", 1946, JPE
- The Keynesian Revolution, 1947.
- "Theories of Effective Demand and Employment", 1947, JPE
- "The Use of Econometric Models to Guide Economic Policy", 1947, Econometrica
- "A Constant-Utility Index of the Cost of Living", with H. Rubin, 1947-8, RES
- Economic Fluctuations in the United States, 1921-1941, 1950.
- "Stock and Flow Analysis in Economics", 1950, Econometrica.
- "Assets, Debts and Economic Behavior", 1951, in Studies in Income and
- "Studies in Investment Behavior", 1951, NBER Conference on Business Cycles
- "Estimating Patterns of Savings Behavior from Sample Survey Data", 1951, Econometrica
- "On the Interpretation of Professor Leontief's System", 1953, RES
- A Textbook of Econometrics, 1953.
- "Statistical Estimation of Economic Relations from Survey Data", 1954, in Contributions
of Survey Methods to Economics
- "The Empirical Foundations of Keynesian Economics", 1954, in Kurihara, editor,
Post Keynesian Economics
- An Econometric Model of the United States, 1929-1952., with A.S. Golberger, 1955.
- "On the Interpretation of Theil's Method of Estimating Economic
Relationships", 1955, Metroec
- "The Scope and Limitations of Econometrics", 1957, Applied Statistics.
- "The Estimation of Distributed Lags", 1958, Econometrica
- "Some Econometrics of the Determination of Absolute Prices and Wages", with
R.J. Ball, 1959, EJ
- "The Efficiency of Estimation of Econometric Models", 1960, in Pfouts, editor,
Essays in Economic and Econometrics
- "Single Equation versus Equation System Methods of Estimation in
Econometrics", 1960, Econometrica
- "Some Econometrics of Growth: Great ratios of economics", with R.F. Kosobud,
- An Econometric Model of the United Kingdom, 1962, with R.J. Ball, A. Hazelwood
and P. Vandome.
- An Introduction to Econometrics, 1962.
- "An Econometric Model of Japan, 1930-1959", with Y. Shinkai, 1963.
- "Singularity in the Equation Systems of Econometrics: Some aspects of the problem
of multicollinearity", with M. Nakamura, 1962, IER
- "Stocks and Flows in the Theory of Interest", 1965, in Hahn and Brechling,
editors, Theory of Interest Rates.
- The Brookings Quarterly Econometric Model of the United States,
with J.S. Duesenberry and G. Fromm, 1965
- "Some New Results in the Measurement of Capacity Utilization", with R.S.
Preston, 1967, AER.
- "Nonlinear Estimation of Aggregate Production Functions", with R. Bodkin,
- "Stochastic Nonlinear Models", with R.S. Preston, 1969, Econometrica.
- "Estimation of Distributed Lags", with P. Dhrymes and K. Steiglitz, 1970, IER
- "Forecasting and Policy Evaluation using Large-Scale Econometric Models: the state
of the art", 1971, in Intriligator, editor, Frontiers of Quantitative Economics
- "Whither Econometrics?", 1971, JASA
- "Dynamic Properties of Nonlinear Econometric Models", with E.P. Howrey, 1972, IER
- "A Comparison of Eleven Econometric Models of the United States", with G.
Gromm, 1973, AER Int J of Methem Education in Science and Technol
- "Notes on Testing the Predictive Performance of Econometric Models", with E.P.
Howrey and M.D. McCarthy, 1974, IER.
- "Supply Constraints in Demand-Oriented Systems: An interpretation of the oil
crisis", 1974, ZfN.
- "Research Contributions of the SSRC-Brookings Econometric Model Project: A decade
in review", 1975, in Fromm and Klein, editor, Brookings Model
- "Economic Policy Formation throgh the Medium of Econometric Models", 1977, in
Intriligator, editor, Frontiers of Quantitative Economics, Vol. III
- "Money in a General Equilibrium System : Empirical aspects of the Quantity
Theory", 1978, Econ App
- "The Supply Side", 1978, AER
- "Direct Estimates of Unemployment Rate and Capacity Utilization in Macroeconometric
Models", with V. Su, 1979, IER
- An Introduction to Econometric Forecasting Models, with R.M. Young, 1980.
- "Economic Policy Formation: Theory and implementation", 1983, in Griliches and
Intriligator, editors, Hanbook of Econometrics
- "Money in the Wharton Quarterly Model", with E.Friedman and S. Able, 1983, JMCB