Major works of Franco Modigliani
- "Liquidity Preference and the Theory of Interest and Money", 1944, Econometrica.
- "Utility Analysis and the Consumption Function: An interpretation of cross section
data", with R. Brumberg, 1954, in Kurihara, editor, Post Keynesian Economics.
- "The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment", 1958,
with M.H. Miller, AER
- "New Developments on the Oligopoly Front", 1958, AER.
- "Corporate Income Taxes and the Cost of Capital: A correction", with M.H. Miller, 1963, AER.
- "The Life Cycle Hypothesis of Saving", with A. Ando, 1963, AER.
- "The Monetary Mechanism and its Interaction with Real Phenomena", 1963, REStat.
- "The Pasinetti Paradox in Neoclassical and More General
Models", with P. Samuelson, 1966, RES.
- "Monetary Policy and Consumption", 1971, in Consumer Spending and Monetary
- "The Monetarist Controversy or should we forsake stabilization policies",
- "Toward an Understanding of the Real Effects and Costs of Inflation", with S.Fischer 1979, WWA.
- "Life Cycle, Individual Thrift and the Wealth of Nations", 1986, AER.
- "The Role of Intergeneration Transfers and Life-Cycle Saving in the Accumulation of
Wealth", 1988, JEP.
- The Debate over Stabilization Policies
- "The Supply of Money and the Control of Nominal Income" with L.
Papademos, 1990, in Friedman and Hahn, editors, Handbook of Monetary
- The European economic recovery : a need for new policies?
- Capital Markets : Institutions and Instruments, with Frank J.
- "Growth, investments,
Public Deficit and Maastricht", 1996, Nobels for the Future
- "Technological Innovation and Labour Policies ", 1998, Nobels
for the Future
- "Business Expectations and Strategy for the United States of Europe"
with H. Askari, 1997, Stategy and Business
- "A Euro minus the
D-Mark" with M. Baldassarri, 1997, Financial Times
- "Perils of
unemployment" with G. LaMalfa, 1998, Financial Times
- Letter to Financial
Times with G. LaMalfa, 1998
banca che vogliamo" with G. LaMalfa, 1998, Corriere della sera
- "Il debito
italiano? Non fa paura", with G. LaMalfa, 1998, Corriere della
- "Yes to the Euro, but Also to an Investment Plan for Jobs"
with G. LaMalfa, 1998, Herald Tribune
- "A Solution to the
Social Security Reform", with M.L. Ceprini and A.S. Muralidhar,