Major Works of Richard A. Posner
- "Taxation by Regulation", 1971, Bell JE
- "Theory of Negligence", 1972, J Legal Studies
- Economic Analysis of Law, 1973
- "Economic Justice and the Economist", 1973, Public Interest.
- "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation", 1975, JPE
- Antitrust Law: An Economic perspective, 1976.
- "Legal Precedent: a theoretical and empirical analysis", with W.Landes, 1976, J Law Econ
- "Salvors, Finders, Good Samaritans and Other Rescuers", with W.Landes, 1978, J Legal Studies
- "An Approach to the Regulation of Bank Holding Companies",
with F. Black and M.H. Miller,1978,
J of Business
- "Utilitarianism, Economics, and Legal Theory",
1979, J Legal Studies
- "Joint and Multiple Tortfeasors", with W. Landes, 1980, J Legal Studies
- "Ethical and Political Basis of the Efficiency Norm in Common Law
Adjudication", 1980, Hofstra Law Rev
- The Economics of Justice, 1981.
- The Economic Structure of Tort Law with W.
- "An Economic Analysis of Copyright Law", with W.
- Sex and Reason, 1992
- Aging and Old Age, 1995
- Law and Legal Theory in England and America, 1996
- "The Problematics of Moral and Legal Theory", 1998, Harvard Law Rev
- An Affair of State: The Investigation, Impeachment, and Trial of President
- The Problematics of Moral and Legal Theory, 1999
- Public Intellectuals: A study of decline, 2001.
- Law, Pragmatism and Democracy, 2003
- Catastrophe: Risk and response, 2004
- The Economic Structure of Intellectual Property Law
with W. Landes,, 2003
- The Political Economy of Intellectual Property Law,
with W. Landes, 2004
- Preventing Surprise Attacks: Intelligence Reform in the Wake of 9/11,
- How Judges Think, 2008
- A Failure of Capitalism: The Crisis of '08 and the Descent into
- The Crisis of Capitalist Democracy, 2010
- The Behavior of Federal Judges: A Theoretical and Empirical Study of
Rational Choice with Lee Epstein and W.M. Landes,
- Reflections on Judging, 2013